The skies have been heavy with storms
The year has begun with a roar.
Not the weather for venturing far from shelter.
I have been sewing again, I find it comforting and therapeutic on these dark evenings.
This piece was the begining of a happy accident, the sort of accident where despite failure something better comes along...
You know the feeling... we have an idea...it starts off well but then begins to go wrong. We struggle with it... but in the end realise it just isn't working...
I had been contemplating how in my textile seascapes the sea never looks as water-like as I wanted it too. Fabric is just too matt.
I decided to see if I could fix tin foil to fabric with bondaweb to add some watery sparkle.
Yay!!! It worked!!
In fact it looked, once I had ironed the foil down to the backing fabric like cosmonaut suit material ready to use for the next mission to mars!!
Then I made the mistake of adding seagull shapes. This didn't work but I did re-use some of the ink splattered foiled fabric.
I sewed some sequins and pieced it patchwork fashion together with some fabric papers. I love the shimmery surface.
And below the finished textile panel.
I like the unfinished surround so may leave it like that when I decide how to frame it.
So busy this week totally forgot I needed a birthday card for my Mum.
So here is a super fast way to make one ...
Look through your paper stash for a nice paper napkin.....
Cut out and sew the poppy to some brown card...
Using a white marker draw a quick stem...
quick, easy and sweet......................... :)
Linking to WOYWW
And Paint Party Friday