Friday 16 December 2016

Hello, hello dear friends, I am back!

Skyeworks gallery at christmas

I have had a little blogging break for all sorts of reasons, time has been sort and creative makes non existent, however as the new year approaches I am determined to organise my time and dedicate more to studio hours.
November began with the exciting prospect of working a few days a week in Skyeworks Gallery in Portree on the Isle of Skye.
I have exhibited at Skyeworks for some years and was very excited when the opportunity  to work for them transpired. Now a month or so in I am really enjoying it. meeting people who are interested in art and being surrounded by beautiful things is a joy. 



The weather has been milder than usual and there have been some beautiful sparkly clear days.


and some chilly nights to sit close to the woodburner,




And finally at last I have finished a commission! A little christmas eve box for a new little persons first Christmas.
Happy Christmas Jack, and to all of you, the New year will bring ( Hopefully) new work and more regular blogposts! ;)

15 comments:

  1. Ooh! You have my dream job. Merry Christmas to you Morag. I look forward to seeing what you have to show us in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful place to create and look at beautiful things.
    Mac's gift is so cut.
    Happy Christmas to you ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wonderful to be working at the gallery as wel as showcasing your beautiful art! What a darling box that will be treasured for many years. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I would love to work in a gallery! It's so nice to be surrounded by art all day and meet people who are actually interested in art. Your Christmas eve box is so cute :-) Hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Christmas Eve box is so adorable. How lovely that you are working at the gallery. Have a wonderful 2017 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you enjoying the few changes in your life! Love your little box and cozy photos!! Have a happy Holiday if we don't see you back soon!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, Morag. I always love your blog and today was no exception. I like your Christmas Eve box so much. It will be a keepsake for that family forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas. The fire looks so cozy and I love the creative box lid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new job, that sounds wonderful! I can't imagine anyone better suited. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh it does look cosy and so homely your way. Happy New Year dear friend, it's alway a treat to follow your art adventures and I often think of pieces you made as Scotland comes to mind, your art definitely touches me, I always enjoy my visits here, so cheers to you and your new art adventures this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping to be on Skye in April. Maybe see you there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy new year Morag! I've been away from blogging for quite a while but it's so good to be back now and to catch up on lovely bloggy friends like you. I wish you a very happy and creative 2017!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy New Year sweet lady you have been missed...but I know you are very busy and I'm so excited about your new endeavors!! Just know you are loved!! Wishing you a year of abundant continued success!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Kindred, beautiful post..so lovely..wonderful photos! Looking forward to your return and seeing more of your incredible works this year! Wishing you a most magical and creative 2017!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Morag, I have missed your posts and just want to touch base and say howdy! I hope everything is well in your world. xo Irene

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.