Wednesday 30 January 2019

Back to blogging

Hello, it's been a while, and as one of my new year resolutions was to start blogging again I really need to show a little of what I've been up to.

Well, firstly lots of collage, many of my pieces found their ways to various parts of the world. Australia, United states, Germany, France as well as all corners of the UK. I will always be hugely thankful and appreciative of all those who love my artwork.

Here are a couple of the many that flew to new forever homes near and far over the past months.




I also was very busy making lots and lots of little bird mosaics using old vintage China and paper clay. I approach these as  a sort of collage. The elements all being glued and assembled. The inspiration this year has been all the beautiful birds in my garden, which is full of trees and sheltered spots for them to hide.


And now?

Well a fantastic month long trip to India in November means I'm full of inspiration. India is so full of pattern and colour. I even visited a paper factory in jaipur to watch paper being made and posted a whole stash back to myself.  Already it's being put to good use!

I've also had some dear little visitors to my garden. This was taken through my studio window.

So with that I'll show you what I'm working on atm.. just a detail, but it shows me messing around with gesso over torn paper. A new effect I'm trying to make seaside waves.


So that's all for now. 

See you soon. X



9 comments:

  1. Welcome back! So great to see all your fabulous work (especially love the birdies) and to hear of your adventures Morag, you've been very busy. Love what you're doing with the gesso and torn paper. Cheers! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue. It's lovely to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, lovely art, no wonder they sold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are blogging again! I follow you on instagram but it just isn't the same!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Janet. I agree and it was new year as I was mulling over social media and how it seemed to have taken over that I realised how much a weekly diary post was so good to look back on. Also it is a far more social medium than instagram which is just a scroll through and click. My aim is to still do Facebook and instagram but to try to a weekly blog diary.. thank you so much for following me, it really is appreciated. X

      Delete
  4. So glad to see you blogging again - what fabulous pieces of work and what stunning colours. The hare is adorable.
    Your trip to India must have been amazing - what an experience, and I can't wait to see some India-inspired art!
    Diana x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Diana. Yes India was amazing. Very difficult to not be inspired by all the colour and pattern.x

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see you blogging again. Looking at your work always lifts my spirits.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.