Thursday 4 August 2016

Eagle bowl



Long time ago my followers may remember my mermaid bowl...

                                                                                                                                                     
mermaid bowl
                            


Well i hadn't done a collaged bowl for some time and I wanted to try something new. So here we have my eagle bowl! Made with torn paper and acrylic paint on a papermache substrate. I made it to hang on the wall rather than sit as the bowl shape collects the light and it reflects the gold on the sea eagles feathers. Skye is the home to a couple of eagle species, Sea eagles inhabit the cliffs surrounding Portree bay where little boat trips go out on eagle spotting trips. I've been on several, one in particular saw the eagle fly right down over our boat, a magical experience!




The idea began in my sketchbook


then was painted in black gesso


Then I added the paper fragments




13 comments:

  1. Love your colourful art the picture!!!
    **wonderful***
    gretting Elke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful and original piece of art Morag. Such an amazing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work...I just love all the wonderful details and that it can hang on the wall! There was no depth until you built all the layers.. fascinating how you manage to bring things to life with all those tiny bits of paper! LOVE it! That mermaid bowl I remember well...also a gorgeous piece!! Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morag, this bowl is fabulous. I wish I could see it in person and enjoy all those many little spots of color and gold. I also enjoy seeing the mermaid again. You do such magic with your papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous bowls! Very beautiful Art.
    Happy PPF ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing pieces Morag!! I remember that gorgeous mermaid bowl very well. Your layers and layers of papers, paint and such give such an elevated depth t your pieces. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh my goshhhhh. I do remember your mermaid bowl. This eagle bowl has taken top spot in my book. I am amazed at how much color and detail you achieved from the black. Just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like fine mosaic! What a beautiful flight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eagle is fantastic. We've been seeing them almost every day. Such magic in this bird. xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Morag! The depth of color and texture in the eagle is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morgan it is splendid the work. You do with such T.Care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.