Busy week on my workdesk, lots of bits to share!
Last week I gave you a wee peep at my new seashell mermaid which I had just started.
This was how she looked last Wednesday. The background framed her form which is blocked in with gesso.
And now she is painted with acrylics and varnished she is ready to swim!
liberal amounts of crackle medium have given her face an aged porcelain finish.
I loved making her so much I have have just finished shell mermaid number two!
I started like this with a wooden shell substrate which is given a coat of gesso and then a bit of blue acrylic.
I tried Gelli printing the background this time.
Lots of nice texture!
Slowly a new sea-spirit is emerging.......
now she needs hair...
I thought I would try and short-cut a little with raffia. I normally cut loads of strips of paper for hair and twist them. I wondered if raffia would work. Alas no, it didn't stick too well so I went back to the tried and tested paper hair tendrils.
I think she looks rather like she is juggling with the shells, I am guessing that mermaids have a lot of free-time. Lots of time to refine circus skills
.....and why not... :)
The light is better outside so I took them off the desk to photograph and into the garden.
linking to WOYWW where artists and crafters share their newest projects
and also paint party Friday a great place to connect Artists from around the globe.