Wednesday 22 August 2012

Little Owlscape


Little owlscape 

 My little owl is finished, it's actually a tawny owl but it is very little, only 20cm x20 ish... it followed on from my heart frame, I used the idea of making the branches 3D and they stand proud of the image. I used tissue paper and glass bead gell to mould them and then painted the finished twigs. the sky is made from parts of a beautiful handprinted leaf paper and i painted over areas with metallic medium to give shimmer.



A recent visit to the Turner, Monet, Twombly  exhibition at liverpool Tate has given me lots of inspiration!!


Three artists
liverpool dock
The tate

2 comments:

  1. Hello! Was lovely to meet you today! I went to this exhibition as well and really enjoyed it. I am a huge fan of Monet, I like the larger works they had of his- the ones near the end of the exhibition actually. I had never come across Twombly's work before either, but really enjoyed it!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you too Hannah. I agree the water lily paintings were fantatic.
    Morag x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.