Sunday 19 May 2013

mayflower girl

Using photo montage

I have been experimenting with photo montage recently after finding some exciting you tube videos made by collage artist Teesha moore.


I don't usually use photographs in my collage, but I find Teeshas work very exciting so thought I would give it a go. I love her mermaids so will try that next but to start with I tried a little Mayflower girl.

Mayflower girl

She started off very differently...


Although I don't want to copy her style I think with a bit of tinkering I can use some of the ideas I have learnt in combination with my own more textural style.
Teesha prints her collages at the printers and then works into the print further with pen.
Instead I messed about with the piece on Pixlr.



I  like this one where the green tints make her rather like the female equivalent of the Green man, an old pagan symbol of spring and rebirth.

 Green Mayflower Girl
Links this week... Inspiration Avenue

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. I am always looking out for inspirational blogs and I have had a lovely time looking back at your wonderful art work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, this is gorgeous! Love the whole composition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left a comment here but it seems to have disapeared. Just wanted to say thanks for the lovely comments on my blog. I am always looking for inspirational blogs and I am glad to have found yours. I have really enjoyed looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi sorry about not publishing your comment sooner, I work during the day so post comments as soon as I get in. I had to turn on comment moderation to stop all the spammy ones getting through. thank you for your lovely comments, I do so love the name of your Blog! Fuzie Fingers :)

      Delete
  4. Love this idea... the texture you added to the dress is of particular interest to me. Gives me an idea. .... Fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the textures and the time you created with her. She looks nostalgic. Thank you for sharing your work. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...so I just went and looked at 6 of her videos! lol The 1 thru 4 of this and the two of the lettering. This stuff is nothing like any of my studio work, but I find it very interesting...the idea of taking several images from another source and altering them in one place. I meet with two great artists friends once a month for a day in one of our studios. We work in an art journal, a page each month. We don't collage really...more original mini paintings. But this gives me an idea.

    It just so happens that this date is in my studio tomorrow and I am thinking of scraping my previous idea and doing something with this concept. So excited to try it out! lol

    Thanks for the inspiration today. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pleased Lesley, you have made my day :)

      Delete
  7. Love her! Great take on Teesha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! As much as I love this, I can't wait to see your mermaid.

    ReplyDelete
  9. so nice...it is amazing how you play with colors...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the green, makes the piece so much more interesting...makes me feel to start and search for hidden things on it ;) ♥ Conny
    http://piaromsartjournaling.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.