Wednesday 27 February 2013

Happy Hens Collage Obsession

Happy Hens is my Collage obsession piece this week. The theme is eggs, so I thought, 'what came first, the chicken or the egg?' The chicken I decided.
              In the UK at the moment there is a lot of public distrust of the food Industry because of horse meat being found in all sorts of meat products, as a vegetarian for over 30 years this does not affect me directly but I think it is good that people may start to question where their food comes from. So these are my happy hens, a torn paper collage incorporating gesso and acrylic paint. I used pen and ink to draw the little egg details and daisies and some wax crayon to create a textured sky. I've always fancied keeping hens and if I ever do this is what I want them to look like......Happy :)

10 comments:

  1. Such a happy hillside, and itmakes me think of spring. Your collages are marvellous always and this one is a cracker. I really cannot work out how you do them to produce such lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and remember to photo the collage method I use next piece :)

      Delete
  2. I love your happy hens! This torn paper art is full of texture and makes me happy looking at it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very beautiful with all the details, the sheep, the lamb and the flowers and, of course, the lovely hens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful! makes me excited for easter:)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Realmente se ven unas gallinas muy felices! Me gusta su interpretación y el colorido de su pintura.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really beautiful. I hope you get your happy hens one day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O yes they do look happy! Gorgeous! We had happy chickens and roosters once upon a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful with a lovely spring feel to it - like the white hen as a contrast x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking at your happy hens makes me happy too! They are beautiful! I love country-pictures so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I love to hear from you.